Monday, March 14, 2016

Misters Care & Feeding - Tuscan Kale Soup


 
When I need a quick meal on a busy day- meaning I really want get into my studio and work out a new class project. I cook out of my kitchen stash so I can get on to my fabric stash!

Tuscan Kale Soup

Note: I recommend using organic ingredients

2T. olive oil
1 large yellow onion finely chopped 
3-4 cloves of minced garlic
14 grape tomatoes or 15 oz. can stewed  tomatoes                                                                           
1 bunch curly kale- remove large stems and chop                                                                                1- 15 oz. can Garbanzo beans
4 c. chicken stock
1 t. sea salt
1 t. dried oregano 
1/4 t. freshly ground black pepper
1/4 c.  grated Parmesan cheese

  • Heat olive oil in a heavy bottomed stockpot. Add onion and saute until translucent.
  • Add grape tomatoes, sauteing on medium heat until they begin to blister.
  • Add garlic and oregano. Saute stirring often for 5 minutes. Lightly mash tomatoes with a potato  masher.
  • Add chicken stock, garbanzo beans, salt, pepper and 2 T. Parmesan cheese.
  • Simmer for another 20 minutes. 
Ladle into soup bowls and sprinkle with reserved Parmesan cheese and enjoy (Serves 4)

In thirty minutes we had great lunch and I'm off to my studio with plenty of time to focus on the new quilt idea I started thinking about while I was chopping onions and stirring soup!


Happy Quilting,

Mary







No comments:

Post a Comment