Sunday, April 17, 2016

The Care & Feeding of my Mister - Roast Carrots with Sea Salt, Olive Oil & Thyme.


I have to say my husband is a pretty good sport about my cooking aerobics. When my cooking is in full swing,often all the burners and oven are cranking while the pans are piling high. He tiptoes in to investigate, (an oxymoron for him) getting a handout and promises of what's to come. 

I usually shop with a list and plans for meals but willingly adopt anything that looks enticing and add it to the mix. I was delighted to find a local/organic bag of gnarly little carrots from RED FIRE FARM located in Granby and Montague MA. www.redfirefarm.com. I thought these would go great with the roast chicken but they might not make it that far.

 

Roasted Carrots with Sea Salt, Olive Oil & Thyme

2 lbs of small carrots 

2 T. good olive oil 

1 tsp. sea salt

1/2-1 tsp. dried thyme

Freshly ground black pepper (optional)

  1. Preheat the oven to 350.

  2.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.  

  3.  Wash and lightly scrub the carrots, dry, then toss with olive oil.

  4. Spread on the baking sheet and roll carrots around to coat with olive oil.

  5. Season with sea salt and thyme to taste.

  6. Bake for 30-35 minutes re-rolling the carrots in the oil after 15 minutes.

  7. Remove when fork tender and lightly browned. Season with fresh ground pepper if desired.

     

    Happy quilting & cooking,

    Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment