Thursday, April 21, 2016

Mary's Tips -Try Clipping

When I quilt I like to use my design wall. It helps me see and organize my work. Once I have decided on the placement, I have to figure out how to get my fabric pieces from the design wall to the sewing machine and back with some order.  Trying to carefully pin my pieces together and move to the sewing machine. With pins my pieces stayed together but I hated getting stabbed with the pins. There had to be a better way and I think I've found one. My clover binding clips. Not just for binding anymore!

                                                      

It couldn't be easier! Just grab a clip and start clipping your pieces together and head for your  sewing machine. When I sewed the first pair in my line of  clipped pieces I removed the clip. My patches were small enough to hold  together in my hands and sew without pinning. Keep the remaining clips in place removing it just as you get to the clip. In your clipped strip you will have a combination of sewn pairs and clipped pairs as you continue sewing. My row pieced quickly and no painful pin pricks! I was  happy with the results of my clipping idea.I think you will be too. Thank you Clover!

     


Happy Quilting

Mary

 

No comments:

Post a Comment