Monday, June 17, 2013

My Quilt Entry Once Rejected Now Accepted

Last week my Big House Barn quilt wasn't accepted into the quilt show I entered. It's hard to do all the work, make a quilt, get it photographed, fill out the entry form and post it all on time. My response after the upset of getting rejected was to enter the quilt to another juried show. After all I liked the quilt and the prep work was done. I optimistically sent off my entry in the afternoon mail.


 
                                © Big Sky Barn by Mary Walter 2013 (44 x 36)

While waiting to hear about my entry I reasoned, " I like this quilt, I like houses and architectural shapes. I want to make more quilts like this I have photos, sketchbooks
and piles of possible fabrics tucked away waiting for opportunity, inspiration and time
to merge." Maybe now is the  perfect time to get into  my studio and see what comes
of the idea I have pinned on my design wall.

Today there is good news and good news. My quilt on the design wall is happily taking shape and my Big Sky Barn quilt was accepted into the Brush Gallery "Tangled up in Blue" exhibit! For more info on the exhibit opening Lowell, MA in August visit  www.thebrush.org.

I'm glad to have my quilt included in the Brush exhibit and also excited about the next one
evolving on my design wall.  Maybe there was a reason after all that my quilt entries went
the way that they did. Either way  I have a quilt exhibiting this year and another cool one
that just might be ready for next year's show. What's on your design wall?



                                                                                                             Happy Quilting,

                                                                                                                                          Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment